Wednesday, August 18, 2010

8.18.10

these sunrise shots are from Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado. this was my second attempt to venture out in the wee hours of the morning to capture the sunrise, the day before my daughter woke up and i couldn't get her back to sleep in time and hubs was already out on his big hike. this day i was a little disappointed that it was so overcast, however at least there was a little bit of space to actually see the sun rise. it was still a lovely view.

this was also fun because my dad got up super early to accompany me. it was nice because it's kind of eerie to drive so high in the dark (Trail Ridge climbs up over the Continental Divide), but mostly it was just nice to have this time with my dad.

DSC_0062 4.jpg

DSC_0051 5b.jpg

DSC_0038 4b.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I just found your site and I'm loving your awesome photos! Such beautiful shots ...
    thanks for sharing.
    Susan in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to get a hold of you for some permissions. Its a project, not for profit, but I'll have to find out what you think of the cause. wrightml@pdx.edu is my email. I hope you see this in time. its 2/2/11. Amazing work. -Mary

    ReplyDelete